To install the WPMS Message Search package, please undertake the following steps:
1. Download the WPMS Message Search zip file (WPMS zip file) from our website and save it to your computer desktop or any suitable location that can be easily found again.
2. Create a new folder named “WP Message Search” at the place in your computers file directory where you want the Search package to permanently reside such as under the My Documents folder or at some similar location where you have write permissions. It should not be placed under C:\Program Files or any equivalent position as such locations may prevent the program from starting.
3. Move the downloaded WPMS zip file from your desktop into the dedicated new “WP Message Search” folder.
4. Unzip (extract) the contents of the WPMS zip file into the folder where you have just placed it. If you need software to unzip and extract the contents, we suggest using the popular 7-Zip file archiver.
Two new folders and four new files will now appear adjacent to the WPMS zip file as follows:
DocFetcher Portable (folder)
Message library (folder)
DocFetcher Proximity Searching Aid.xlsx
Scripture Reference Search Companion (file)
Sermon Master Index (file)
WPMS Instructions for Users (file)
WPMS Message Search zip file
5. Move the WPMS Message Search zip file to a safe, separate location to store it there indefinitely as a backup copy of the Message search package you are installing.
6. Ensure that you have Java Runtime installed (1.7 or higher).
7. Open the “DocFetcher Portable” folder and then in the folder currently entitled “DocFetcher-1.1.18,” find the appropriate program launcher for your operating system: i.e.,
a) for Windows - use “DocFetcher.exe”,
b) for Linux - use “DocFetcher-GTK2.sh or DocFetcher-GTK3.sh” (if the first one you try doesn’t work, the other one should),
c) for Mac OS X - the folder “DocFetcher.app” contains the executable required.
Although the letter that identifies your hard drive may be different to that shown below, in the case of the Windows program launcher file, you will find it located as follows:
8. Create a short-cut to the appropriate program launcher file and pin or place it on your task bar and/or your desktop.
9. Double click on the short cut you have just created to open and run the “DocFetcher” program.
Take a little time to read the “Introduction” that appears in the Viewing Pane and then review the basic DocFetcher search option examples that are described in Instructions for Users file.
If you need further help getting the program to run on your computer, please refer to this page.